For the most part, I feel happy & healthy. However, when life gets busy or even a touch stressful my health suffers. After this weekend of taking some time away from the daily grind, I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the week. I spent a lot of time outdoors with my family and eating all the food my mom put in front of me. She made all my favorites you guys, how awesome is that!? I also will NOT be weighing in tomorrow, please don’t tell Weightwatchers. Consequently, spending a lot of time outdoors has caused a bit of an allergy cloud, so while I still don’t feel super healthy, I am super happy!
Happy & Healthy Top 5
- This week I stopped at The Press Juice & Health Bar in Lexington. All I can think is ‘why didn’t I do this sooner’ & ‘green glow why you be on my mind?’. How good I felt with all these yummy healthy things in my belly. And I’m pretty sure my skin was glowing too. I will be hitting this up A LOT more & possibly trying a juice cleanse. Also, I want to try The Juice in STL this weekend, it just opened up & I hear nothing but great things!
- As you know, I love reading. I’ve even heard more & more that reading is good for your health. I don’t even mind the good ol’ ‘book on tape’, honestly what’s that called, oh yeah, audio book. However, I’ve never been one for podcasts. I try, I do, but never fall in love. Well, until now! I found Second Life. It’s amazing! Who What Wear Hilary Kerr brings in special guests who have had career changes in their life. These guests that have changed their careers are ones that you’ve definitely heard of – Lauren Conrad, Brooklyn Decker & Whitney Casey, Alli Webb, Marianna Hewitt & many more! Furthermore, I have been insanely inspired listening to these successful women & definitely encourage all my entrepreneur friends to subscribe.
- Sephora has a beauty box, Play! by Sephora. Who knew?! Actually, a few of my friends knew & they love getting this monthly subscription each month. Even though I did Birchbox when it first came out, there is something I love about getting this surprise box in the mail. First of all, it’s your birthday every month. Second, you may find the product you’ve been waiting your whole life for. Lastly, it’s $10! For that reason alone, I couldn’t help but sign up!
- Let me tell you about my favorite purchase of the year, the ENO hammock. I take this around with me everywhere in hopes that I will find two trees somewhat close to one another that I can tie it up. I pretty much stayed in my hammock this weekend & I got to thinking, everyone needs a hammock. As luck would have it, REI is having a Labor Day Sale and the deals are amazing. In fact, I found my exact hammock is marked down to $42 from $59. Don’t miss out, there are still so many hammock days left. Remember to order straps too!
- Has anyone had any luck with refinishing chairs? I’m going to be taking on a project along with one of my crafty friends in the coming weeks of changing the fabric on some older chairs from my grandmothers house. I’ll keep you posted, but I think it’s going to be pretty impressive.
The first “Living the Tale of Two Cities” giveaway is coming this week…you won’t want to miss it! Watch Instagram for all contest details & rules.